I’m super excited about organizing.
It all started when I bought these single corner shelves at the Container Store.
I put them in my overflowing cupboard to stack my bowls and plates vertically in the shelf. Suddenly, not only could I access everything in the cupboard, I had enough extra room to move the beer glasses too.
This was very exciting!
The beer glasses had been shoved in this other cupboard where they didn’t fit. Suddenly, they had their own section right by the other glasses–which was the logical place for them to go.
Since then, I’ve started organizing my entire house. I’m about half done with this project and I’m seeing some equally exciting and interesting results. For example:
* I’m saving time when I clean up because everything has a place.
* The house is generally cleaner because I’m more inclined to put things away.
* I’ve found “homes” for things that have floated around and annoyed me for years.
* I’m better able to see what I have—and what I don’t need.
* Instead of having to dig for things, they’re at my fingertips.
* The house is more peaceful and pleasant to be in.
So that’s my goal for the new year: organize my entire house. I’m off to a good start, too. So far I’ve done:
All of the cupboards and drawers in my kitchen
Under the kitchen sink
The hall closet
Brooms and mops
My son’s bath toys
Still to do:
The top shelf of the pantry
The deep freeze
The fridge freezer
The blanket chest
Outdoor gardening supplies
And then I’ll probably go through and refine systems that aren’t working until the whole house is running like a well-oiled machine.
That’s the theory, anyway.