A well-balanced diet is always a guarantee of a healthy and happy future. However, it can be difficult to maintain, especially if you are a parent of a newborn or a young child that doesn’t really understand the importance of healthy food. Still, providing your kids with all the important nutrients is a huge step towards a better life. In this article, we’ll tell you more about one of the most important elements of any healthy diet — protein, and explain why your child needs it.
Why do kids need protein?
Even if you’re buying European baby formula, it won’t be good if it doesn’t contain enough protein. These are 6 main reasons why protein should be a big part of your kid’s everyday meals and organic baby formula feedings but keep in mind that there are even more reasons to include protein in almost every meal:
- It helps with the growth of cells. Cells are needed to replenish blood, heal wounds, and even assist with the growth of hair or nails, so the better the condition of cells is, the stronger and healthier your child will be.
- It boosts metabolism. Even though some believe that metabolism is boosted by only certain types of foods like food or veggies, the truth is that protein also takes part in that process and allows the metabolism of a body to remain healthy.
- Protein is part of the production process of hemoglobin. This important component is responsible for carrying oxygen to organs and various body parts, so it’s crucial to increase the daily protein intake when there is a deficit.
- Protein is a great source of energy. Carbohydrates are always a main source of energy, but they are not the only ones. Protein can also provide your kid’s body with a ton of energy.
- It builds muscles. Kids also need to build muscles, so they will become much stronger and endure much more.
- Protein makes the immune system stronger. This benefit of protein is significant for kids since their immune system only develops when they are young.
How much protein does your kid need?
The amount of protein your child should consume on a daily basis depends on their age. Here is how much protein you need to include in your kid’s diet when they are different ages:
- 0 to 6 months: 6.7 grams/daily
- 6 to 12 months of age: 8.8 grams/daily
- 1 to 3 years of age: 13 grams/daily
- 4 to 8 years of age: 19 grams/daily
- 9 to 13 years of age: 34 grams/daily
These numbers are just an estimate. Always consult your doctor regarding the portion sizes for your kid.
Maintaining a well-balanced diet is the responsibility of every parent
Things can get very challenging when it is time to pick what your baby will eat and drink. However, there is no reason for you to stress out. Make sure to talk to your doctor regarding the nutrients your baby needs, and make sure you buy all formulas from reliable suppliers like Organics Best. Good luck to you, and take some time before making any decisions!