We have used a Roomba for several years now. We’re actually on our second Roomba–the first one broke. I didn’t pay full price for them–they both cost around $100 because we got them on discount sites. As we have all hardwood floors, it does a good job of keeping the floor clean.
A lot of people are skeptical that Roombas work. Well, they do. They work great. However, they aren’t perfect. Here are the pros and cons.
* Roombas do a great job of cleaning your floor.
* They can be scheduled to clean automatically so that your floor is always clean.
* They are efficient and save you work.
* They are great when you are about to have guests over and are scrambling to clean up.
* The full retail price–$300, I think?–is too high. They should be around $100.
* They don’t work as well on carpets. If I had wall-to-wall carpeting, I wouldn’t get one.
* They have to be cleaned out all the time or they will break, as happened with our first one.
* Some people think they are loud, but then so is a vacuum.
Overall, I am definitely pro Roomba. It’s nice not to have to worry about cleaning the floors–I can just press a button instead. Plus it makes me feel like I’m on The Jetsons.