I want this! This is a Molecular Cuisine Starter Kit from ThinkGeek. It comes with “50 individually portioned chemicals, essential tools and a recipe DVD.” The chemicals include:
- * Agar-agar – 10 sachets of 20g each
* Calcium Lactate – 10 sachets of 20g each
* Sodium Alginate – 10 sachets of 20g each
* Soy Lecithin – 10 sachets of 20g each
* Xanthan Gum – 10 sachets of 20g each
What are those things? Beats me, but the kit also comes with a DVD and 50 recipes to teach you how to use it. So pretty soon, you will be able to make food like this:
That’s mustard ice cream on braised pineapple with coconut foam, pineapple tuille, and mustard sauce from the restaurant wd-50 in New York. What does that taste like? I have no idea.
Image courtesy roboppy.