Most of the time, when you search for “Frugal Tips,” you see the same thing over and over. But I liked this list: 100 Ways to Save Money. It even has some tips I haven’t heard before. Here are a few I particularly liked:
9. Get taps put on your shoe heels to make them last longer.
13. Repurpose empty hand soap pumps by filling them with shampoo and conditioner. This will help limit the amount of product you use with each pump.
15. Work through all your current beauty products before buying more. Not only will you save money, you may find some forgotten gems.
21. Quit the gym and find substitute workout alternatives like walking, biking or using workout DVDs from the library.
26. Never buy beauty/health/medical products at the grocery store where the markup is considerably higher.
31. Only eat out one meal a day when traveling and stick to yogurt/fruit for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. Find a pretty park or scenic spot to enjoy your meals al fresco.
44. Take up a cheap, simple hobby like running, reading, painting, knitting, baking or join a group on Meetup.com.
69. Switch to an espresso percolator and you’ll save a fortune on coffee grounds. If you can’t resist your drip machine, using 3 filters with less coffee grounds is a great way to achieve a stronger brew since water drips through a lot slower. Plus filters are a lot cheaper than coffee.
100. Avoid buying and gifting pink and blue children’s clothing and products and stick with colors that can be used for boys or girls. This makes you an extra-desirable swap-partner as well.